Well, after 12 days in good ol' Frederick, MD I've come back home to Germany. The visit was a nice refresher and I definitely needed it :) I got to see the people that I've missed the most (and some of the food I've missed the most too! haha) But now I'm back and I have to tell you, it feels good. I really really learned to appreciate my relationship with Steve. We've never been away from each other for that long, other than about 2 months after we started dating and he went home to his Mom's house for Christmas. It was nice to go home and see everyone but it made me realize what a gift I have when I home in Germany.
Anyway, in other news, things are going well for us here. Steve is working his last set of days right now and moves to mids on Sunday. But he does get a 3 day off set before the switch which is nice. He also had an MRI preformed on his ankle last night so we can see if he did any permanent damage. He doesn't think he does because he can run on with no pain, which is good. He's doing well at work and keeps coming home with great counseling statements each month. Also as of right now he's lost even more weight and is only 8 lbs from his maximum allowable weight but is weighing under by 4% body fat. He should be off the overweight program this month and then nothing should be stopping him from getting promoted :)
As for me, well I FINALLY got my shot record so once I get that signed off and pick up my background check NOTHING should be stopping me from actually starting to work.
And more in couple news :) We've been steadily talking about the future, especially where we want to move once we're done here and everything, and if he can get a job and such we're hoping to move to Leesburg, VA. Steve wants to continue doing SatCom stuff and I'm going to finish my degree and hopefully start substitute teaching until I can get my teacher's certificate then officially start teaching. But it looks like its gonna be Leesburg. I've already found a house I want (haha) and we've written out a savings plan to obtain it or another one when we get home. We're motivated savers and cannot wait to become homeowners :)
Miss everyone!!
20.5.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment