30.8.08

Nearly September Already?!?!

Sheesh! Where does the time go? If I didn't know better, I'd assume that we were about three weeks into June, not two days away from September! This summer certainly FLEW by.

Things are going okay for us. Not great, not bad. Steve's working days, which normally we both enjoy, but lately his days are getting longer and longer and longer. Days used to be the shift where we got to see each other more and spend more time with each other and now on days that one of us works, we're lucky to get 90 minutes before one heads off to bed. Hopefully it will get better OR you'll soon find me (GASP!) counting down until MIDS again. Who'dathunkit?!

Plane tickets have been bought. Leave slips have been turned in. Now all we have to do is be patient for December to find us. If this fall is anything like this summer, it will be here before we know it!! We're both so incredibly excited to go home and see everyone. I wish it would come sooner, although having it so far away gives me something to look forward to!

In a short Kara update, work is going well! I'm actually starting to get more comfortable there and to really love (some of) my kids! I feel like I'm good at my job and I'm good with the kids! There are even ones that I look forward to seeing them in the morning, which is a good transition from them just being a number in a ratio to me :) In other work news, we have a BIG EVALUATION next month which is a little stressful, but depending on how I do during that determines the size of my bonus!! In other work news, I'm headed to ITALY in October for a Morale Boosting Trip. I couldn't be more excited! We're visiting Pisa and Florence! There has also been chatter about going to the Prada Factory (WOOT WOOT) so expect me to have some ridiculously hott purse when we come home!

Anyway, enough about me. On to Steve. He's doing really well. He's always tired from work but I don't blame him. He's got the Soldier of the Month board this week and is expecting to do really well! After that he's still going after that promotion so we'll see! Maybe he'll have been promoted when we get home! Hopefully!

Well, there's nothing else new to report!
We miss and love everyone!

No comments: