In Steve related news, he's in a class right now until Tuesday, then has two days off and starts back on Mids. He'll be on them until we leave for the States and then for a bit after we get back. Not too bad, we can both deal with them when its only for a short time. We had a mandatory Thanksgiving party for the company last Wednesday. We agreed that it was only slightly painful to attend. In exciting news, Steve won a medal! He was awarded an Army Achievement Medal for his dedication to his job. He is now qualified to work every position at work, something that only 10% (I think, I may just be making that number up) of people in his WHOLE battalion achieve!! We're both very proud of him and just think of this award as one step closer to promotion to SGT.
In Kara related news, I'm unemployed. I left my job partially due to my inability to work because of SEVERE morning sickness and partially because there were some shady, shady happenings going on at the CDC. So as of now I'm spending nearly all my time either sleeping or trying to get the apartment in some resemblance of order and organization for when the baby comes.
In Sprout news, everything is going well, or so I'm assuming. Waiting long periods of time between appointments means that you just have to have a little bit of faith about the whole thing. My next appointment is on the 4th of December and from there we'll schedule our sonogram for 18 weeks which is when we'll find out the gender!! We have names picked out for both so now its just a question of which one we'll need. For a girl we've chosen Daphne Kate and Jack Alexander for a boy!
In other news, we're going home in just a little bit over 4 weeks! We are so excited to see everyone and to spend the holidays with family this year! We just have a LOT of Christmas shopping to get done in the time being.
Anyway, it's Sunday morning and its snowing and its beautiful so I think Steve and I are going to get "snowed in" and relax all day after our errand running chaos of yesterday!
In Kara related news, I'm unemployed. I left my job partially due to my inability to work because of SEVERE morning sickness and partially because there were some shady, shady happenings going on at the CDC. So as of now I'm spending nearly all my time either sleeping or trying to get the apartment in some resemblance of order and organization for when the baby comes.
In Sprout news, everything is going well, or so I'm assuming. Waiting long periods of time between appointments means that you just have to have a little bit of faith about the whole thing. My next appointment is on the 4th of December and from there we'll schedule our sonogram for 18 weeks which is when we'll find out the gender!! We have names picked out for both so now its just a question of which one we'll need. For a girl we've chosen Daphne Kate and Jack Alexander for a boy!
In other news, we're going home in just a little bit over 4 weeks! We are so excited to see everyone and to spend the holidays with family this year! We just have a LOT of Christmas shopping to get done in the time being.
Anyway, it's Sunday morning and its snowing and its beautiful so I think Steve and I are going to get "snowed in" and relax all day after our errand running chaos of yesterday!

1 comment:
You should update your blog b/c I know you have something to share, not really for everyone's information but for posterity. :o)
Post a Comment