11.4.08

5 month update

5 months? Can you believe that it's already been 5 months? It's crazy how time flies over here. There's unfortunately nothing really to update everyone on. Just a few things.

Steve is doing very well with his weight loss. I've never seen him so committed to doing something like he is with this. He does extra PT at work and is getting faster at running which will be great for his PT test. Once he gets off the Overweight Program (probably this month or next) he's going to start trying to get promoted to Sgt. He's got all the qualities to make a great one and I know that once he puts his mind to it, he should have ZERO problems getting promoted :)

As for me, well I'm not sick anymore, which is great. I also DID get the job at the CDC by our house but haven't started working or training yet due to the LARGE amount of paperwork to be done. It also doesn't help that Ft. Detrick managed to lose my medical records so I can't get the shots I need until they unearth it from where ever it is hiding. Hopefully the whole thing will work out sooner rather than later.

Our anniversary is fastly approaching. After months of talking and planning trips, all of our 1st anniversary dreams were squashed because there are classes running the whole month of June and no one can take leave :( and to add insult to injury he has to work on the 22nd so I'll be home alone :(

Well, we managed to file our taxes and should be getting our refunds within 7 to 14 business days! Woo hoo! We're getting a decent amount back and are very excited for what we have planned with it. We're putting 65% of it directly into savings BUT with the rest we're getting a new bedroom :) New bed frame, curtains, comforter, the works! The stuff that's in our bedroom now will be shifted over to the 2nd bedroom which will become an official guestroom! Woo Hoo! I can't wait, I've already got everything picked out for our new room and I am EXCITED! The rest of the money after that is Steve's to spend since 90% will be from his tax return.

So! We're coming home for Christmas! It's MOSTLY official. He hasn't put in leave or anything like that but we're definitely coming home, probably from the 21st of December to January 9th or so. I can't wait. I'm already counting down the days!

We went and had portraits taken today. It was a lot of fun and I'm anxious to see how they turned out! We get to pick them up on the 30th.

In other news, Steve and I have spend a decent amount of time lately discussing what we're going to do once we're done here. Nothing is set in stone but we do know that we'd like to acquire a house at some point so we figured that now is the best time to save! Once I start getting paid we'll be putting roughly $600 a month into savings and are **hoping** to have nearly $25,000 saved up by the time we leave. It's a big goal but I know we can do it.

Well, I better be signing off of here. I think Steve's sleeping in the living room so I'm gonna go wake him up and make him get in bed. I miss everyone and love everyone.

No comments: