12.3.09

Deary Me...

Where has the time gone? Looking at Josh and Becky's blog today, it suddenly became apparent to me that our blog has been sorely neglected for some time. I shall try to be more diligent in my updates (though I have my suspicions that I am in deed the only person that reads it anyway).

Let's see. I last posted in January. It's been nearly 2 months since I've updated! Sheesh. I don't even know where the time has gone.

Hmmm... where to begin? Well, as far as I can remember, January passed without a hitch. Nothing really interesting happened. We went to our 24 week appointment with the OB, hung out with friends and lived a pretty normal life. As far as February goes, I'm assuming it was rather uneventful since I can't seem to recall anything of true significant value happening. We had another ultrasound. It was nice to see Jack again, especially since he looked like a person and not like an alien for once. I took (and subsuquentially failed) my one hour glucose test but passed my 3 hour one. We had our 28 week appointment. Nothing really all that exciting.

March has been and will continue to be a very busy month. I was in the States from the 2nd until the 11th to attend Melissa's bridal shower. My trip home was a good break from normal life but I was happy to come home.

I spent the first 3 days in the States helping Melissa with wedding stuff. Since I'm gonna miss the actual wedding it was nice to feel needed by her. She got quite a bit done and I know she was feeling like she was in a good place (at least planning wise) when she left. Her shower turned out great! It was a LOT of work to get set up and cleaned up (thanks in part to nearly all of her BM's leaving before clean up started) but it was worth it to see how much she enjoyed it. Being home for that made me realize all the more how incredibly disappointed I am to have to miss her wedding (although in the scheme of things its for the best reason.)

I spent my last few days hanging out with my parents. I love that I'm at a point in my life where my parents see me not only as their daughter but as a friend and an equal. I realized while I was home how blessed I am to have them as parents (faults and all.) I also realized how incredible my mother is. I'm not sure that anyone that has faced what she has in the last 4 years would still be such a graceful and dignified person. She is the kind of person that I strive to be. She is constantly told that she is going to die yet she handles it with such poise. I'm not so sure that I could do that. She is truly the strongest, bravest and most beautiful person I know. I love that I can call her my mother and my best friend. I enjoyed hanging out with her the most. We didn't have to be doing anything but sitting in the living room and still I always had the best time with her while I was home. I can't wait to take my son home to meet her this summer. I wish he knew how much she looks forward to meeting him.

In a quick baby update, only 10 weeks to go. The nursery is almost done and we start our birthing classes this month! I'm starting to freak out about being a mother and I'm hoping that it comes naturally. Steve is super anxious to be a father so I look to him for support when I think I can't handle it.

Well I better sign off of here before I ramble some more.

1 comment:

Josh & Becky said...

I read! :o)

Love this update, especially the really beautiful thoughts about your mother and Jack. Also, it's totally awesome that Jack is finally not looking like an alien. :o) hehehe