19.1.09

Beginning to Prep...

Well I guess the title of this post says it all. Beginning to prep. Oh yes. With half of the pregnancy finished we've reached the point where everything for the baby needs to start coming together. We had a wonderful shower in the states and got a million and one amazing gifts, which are currently in the hands of the US Postal Service. We've started on his nursery. There's not much in there, nor will there be (at least furniture wise) but we've at least started it. The crib has been put together and there's a small bookshelf thingy that holds some of the toys that we've acquired so far. I've started to organize his closet but with 90% of his clothing in boxes on the way here, its hard to get much done. Our big goal is to slowly acquire the rest of the stuff that we'll need for him. A crib mattress, bedding and other stuff like that for the nursery, a stroller, along with the rest of his cloth diapers and such. We've made a fairly easy going budget to get it all done and after going to Toys R Us with Becky today, we learned that we'll be saving $200 on a stroller since I found a cheaper one there that is everything we wanted. I'm looking forward to getting it put together. I love going into his room and imagining him there. I can't wait to meet him (and to not be pregnant anymore :) ) I can't wait to see who he looks like and which of our personality traits he gets. I just can't wait to count his fingers and toes and to get to see his personality bloom.

In exciting news, Steve felt him kick for the first time ever tonight. We were laying in bed and he had his hand on my stomach. Jack had been pretty active for the last few minutes. Steve just rested his hand a few inches below my belly button and all of the sudden there was a little "thump." I asked him if he felt it because it was a pretty hard kick and he was like "that was him?!" It's funny. Jack is a pretty active baby but when Daddy is around. Man, he goes crazy! He LOVES when Daddy is near and always kicks a lot harder and more frequently.

Anyway, time for bed. It was a long fun day today and I need some recovery sleep!
Tschuss!

No comments: