Okay, okay. I'm a big copycat. So sue me. A fair amount of my friends have started this and I figured, what the heck. Why not me too?
So here's the sitch. This blog is entirely dedicated to Steve and I's life. One hundred percent. This is where I'll complain and whine and announce and do all that good stuff. This is where you can come and catch up on our German adventures and our day to day life here. So welcome. Visit frequently. Tell me who you are so I know that there's people that care!
So here it goes. The FIRST post! Woo Hoo! Are you excited?? I know I am.
It's now February something or other and that means that we have been here for a little over three months. We're mostly settled into our apartment, minus the HUGE pile of stuff in the office destined for the basement and one more box to take over to the recycling center on RAB. All and all I'm happy with our place. A little white, a little small but atleast it's ours for the next 3 years and some odds months. It's starting to feel like home. Now if only it wasn't so white. We're hopefully going to paint in the upcoming months. So I'll definitely post some pictures of that!
Steve is working a lot but hey, it keeps him busy. He also seems to get along pretty well with his fellow army guys and some of them actually like him! They invite him places so that's a step up from Fort Detrick! He's on mids for another month. Ugh. But hey after this it's days so I'm not gonna complain. He works 3 on and 3 off with the last day off as a training day. It's 12 hour shifts which is nice because it means his schedule is stable and everyone on his squad has the same days off. AND THE SCHEDULE DOESN'T CHANGE DAILY LIKE IT WAS IN FORT DETRICK.
I FINALLY landed a job interview for this coming Tuesday. The position is the front desk clerk at one of the TLA's here. Hopefully its for the one on Vogelweh so I could walk. It'd be nice. I am desperate to get it. I NEED to get out of the house and get some socialization. I don't think it pays all that well but hey, unemployment pays nothing so anything would be a step up!
Our first anniversary is coming up pretty quickly. I wonder where this year went. We are *hopefully* going to Dublin for 4 or 5 days in June to celebrate. I can get cheap cheap cheap plane tickets and hotels so it's looking like its back to Ireland! Woo Hoo!
As for our friend situation, it's definitely improving. We've gone out with other people more in the last week than we have since we've been here. The LaPuma's are proving to be very good friends. I went and saw Fool's Gold with Michelle on Friday night while Steve and Aaron were at work. Plus there's a possibility of tonight, going out to Kneller's with the Reis' and the LaPuma's for some yummy, yummy German food. Rammschtizel here I come!
In other news, Steve has Friday, Saturday and Sunday off this weekend so there's talk of maybe going to the Nuremburg Zoo sometime to go see the new baby polar bear Flocke. I'm excited. They show him on TV and he's quite cute!!
As for home, well the way it looks right now, we won't be able to come visit until December. Poo. But when we come in December we are definitely going to stay for atleast two weeks. I just wish it was closer!
Well I should wrap this up. I have to run to the grocery store to get some basics and it is pretty much suicide to go near that place after 1030 on a Sunday. As for Steve, he JUST went to bed about an hour ago so he'll probably sleep most of the day away. But, whatever, he deserves it.
Auf wiedersehen!
17.2.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment