6.7.08

4th of July and Festivals!

Well, we've officially had our first Independence Day in Germany! One down, 3 more to go! It was fun! We had a big cookout at our apartment! I (Kara) was the MASTER of the Grill! I grilled hamburgers and brats and hot dogs, all to perfection! Lots of people ended up coming, a lot more than I figured but it was still a good time! At one point there were about 10 or so people here! We set up Rock Band and that seemed to go over well! I actually sang in front of people! It was fun! Plus Becky and I learned that Rock Band is NOT down with harmonizing. It does not like when more than one person sings. Haha. It's a hater, what can I say?! We had a great time! We didn't see any fireworks, though I heard some as I was falling asleep.
Then on Saturday, we and the Reis' hit up the Altstadt Festival in Ktown. We hoped on a train in Landstuhl, to avoid parking issues, and rode to the Ktown Hbf. It was enjoyable to not have to stress about driving and parking downtown plus it was relatively cheap too!
The festival was pretty awesome. It was like In the Streets but bigger! It forked off into a million different directions with vendors selling pretty much everything! Steve was super excited about the Gummy Vendor and spent nearly 8 Euro on gummy snacks! They had gummy EVERYTHING! I was a big fan of some of the jewelry vendors although I didn't buy anything. I love to look at jewelry, I'm an addict! Steve and I had doners for lunch while the Reis' partook in Greek food. After doners there were chocolate covered bananas to be had, all while listening to some random German man do acoustic versions of soft rock songs. Very amusing. We did a lot of walking and laughing and eating, the Hazelnuss (Hazelnut) Gelato was especially good! YUMMY! By the time we got home, all four of us were exhausted but we all hung out at our apartment and watched the Golden Compass. Good times.
Steve goes back to work tonight for another 3 day set and I officially start working tomorrow morning at 6:15 am. JOY! But whatevs, its a pay check and I LOVE the age group I'm working with!
Right now we're both preparing for the other one's birthday and for my doctor's appointment on Friday!

We miss and love everyone!

1 comment:

R. Schreiber-Reis said...

Rock Band is a HUGE hater! Ugh! :o)