Well, there you have it. In 5 days Steve and I will have lived in Germany for 8 months. Kinda crazy. It's actually hard to imagine us living anywhere else. Besides the annoying BS that stems from being military, I actually like it here. I won't say love it because there are definitely things I miss about the states but I do really like it here. Now only if we had some air conditioning...
In personal updates, Steve is OFFICIALLY off the Overweight Program! I'm so proud of him! He worked so hard these last few months! He should be signing up for college classes soon also! He's really determined to make SGT before we come home in December and from what his team leader has told him, if he works really hard, its completely doable! YAY!
As for me, well I FINALLY started working at the CDC. I had training on Tuesday and then "mentored" all day yesterday. I worked with 1 to 2 year olds and LOVED it. I love that age! They are fabulous! I felt really at ease with that age group as opposed to the older kids, which stressed me out. I don't have a permanent room yet since I'm so new but I'm working with the same age group, different room all next week! Yay! I am so happy to be able to get out of the house for a few hours a week and to finally be contributing financially to our family!
So I have a doctor's appointment on the 11th to figure out why we've had so many Chemical Pregnancies. I'm hoping that they don't just blow me off and that they take the time to sit down and talk to me. I've been researching online and I'm going to make them run some tests to see if I may have P.C.O.S. or hypothyroidism. I exhibit symptoms of both so I'd like them both to be tested. Also, I'm requesting to have a D&C done. Hopefully that's all it takes for us to have a successful pregnancy but I'd still like to be tested for the others as a precaution.
Anyway, in other news. Tomorrow is the 4th of July and Steve's schedule miraclously has him off today, tomorrow AND Saturday. So tomorrow we're having a cookout with some friends to celebrate and then Saturday we're going to the Altstadt Festival in downtown Kaiserslautern with the Reis'! It should be fun! We're excited about both! It's nice to have something fun to look forward to! And apparently Summer is the season of festivals so hopefully they keep us entertained!
Miss everyone!
3.7.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment